2015-06-23

Last assignment:reflection paper

    In the beginning of this semester, my classmates and I were wondering what to choose as an optional class for the two degrees. We originally decided to go to the French class since we want to learn one more language. However, I didn’t think that I could handle so many languages a time to read when examining at the end of the semester. Finally, I chose this class named CALL (Computer Assisted Language Learning). Why would I choose it? Actually, I initially thought it sounded easier to pass, which was a terrible for a student. However, as I came here to listen to the class first week, I changed my thinking. This class introduces me many useful websites I have never heard before, which help a lot for me when doing reports. Besides, all those websites are in English, so I can enhance my reading and listening skills at the same time, such as TED, Totalrecall, and Podcast.


     Now, I’d like to comment on the website, TED. It contains many inspiring videos for people in different aspects. Mag Jay, the speaker in the video I saw, told us not to waste our twenty. She said," Thirty is not a new twenty, so claim your adulthood, get some identity capital, use your weak ties, and pick your family. Don't be defined by what you didn't know or didn't do. You're deciding your live right now." I think it worth watch for every twenty people, especially students at the age like me. Many people once said it's time for me to decide what I am going to do in the future right now. However, how I can think about my future without well knowing what I truly want. The third grade in college is coming after two months, which is also the last two year counting down leaving here. This video really taught me a lot for me not to feel afraid of the coming future.


      Another useful website, maybe I should say the application, is the MyET. Actually, I have heard it once before the teacher introduced to us. However, I have never give it a try because I did not have time. Now that the teacher makes us use it during the class, I can finally try it. I think it help a lot for those who are not the native speakers. With this application, I can fix my pronunciation so that I can communicate with foreigners smoothly someday I go on a vacation or study abroad. Moreover, many companies require English ability as a necessary one to hire their employees. If I perform well on my speaking, I can leave them a good first impression, which means I get a success first step toward my job.



No comments:

Post a Comment